This is a refreshing drink to enjoy during hot weather.
Very nourishing for Vata
Milk - 4 cups
Honey – 3 to 4 tbsp
Nutmeg Powder - 1/8 tsp
Green Cardamom - 5 to 6 pieces
Almonds - 1/4 cup
- Soak almonds overnight and in the morning remove skins. Mince the almonds and set aside.
- Grind the green cardamoms in a grinder, or mortar and pestle. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, add in the milk, ground cardamom, nutmeg powder and almonds.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a gentle simmer. Allow to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- When a little cooled, add in the honey to taste.
You can drink this warm or chilled.