This is a nourishing, filling and very tasty dish. Hits the spot during cold weather!
4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 large red onion, sliced
2 green bell peppers, chopped same size as the potato
1 tsp cumin seed
2-3 green chillies, seeded and sliced
2-3 sprigs fresh curry leaves
½ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp fennel powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tbsp lime juice
· In a deep saucepan or wok, heat the oil. When hot add in the cumin seed, green chillies and curry leaves and sauté till the seeds stop popping.
· Add in the onion and continue to sauté until translucent.
· Add in the capsicum and stir fry until half cooked.
· Add in the potatoes, turmeric powder, coriander powder, fennel powder and cumin powders. Mix ingredients well and add a little salt. Cover and cook until potatoes are done, about 8-10 minutes.
· Check salt and top the dish off with freshly chopped cilantro leaves.