This recipe is excellent for Pitta and Kapha, and is excellent on cold winter days and nights.
Serve this yummy one dish meal often!
3-4 large chicken breasts (skin and bone on)1-2 big yellow onions, sliced
5 stalks celery, chopped
1 big green bell pepper, chopped large
5 carrots peeled and chopped large
1/2 Rutabaga, peeled and chopped into bite sized cubes
Salt & fresh black pepper
- Heat the oil in a deep large saucepan and when hot, sauté the onions till soft.
- Add in the chicken and stir well adding in salt and pepper. Allow the chicken to brown a little and lose the raw and pink look.
- Add in the vegetables into the mixture and stir well, cooking for about 5 minutes.
- Add in boiling water to cover all ingredients by a couple of inches.
- Bring to boil again, stirring well. Lightly cover the pot (not a tight cover as it may boil over).
- Allow to cook for about 45-60 minutes on a good medium hot heat.
- Don’t allow the liquid to boil away as the dish should be thick and soupy. Cook as to your preference for consistency.
- When the chicken starts falling off the bone, you can turn off the heat and check the salt.
- Add in a little more fresh black pepper.
- Garnish top with fresh parsley (optional) if you like.
- Serve over rice, or just enjoy in a bowl by itself with some suitable bread.